Urgent help

You can improve your mental health and wellbeing through exercising your mental fitness and building up resilience. Check out our top tips on feeling good and coping with common issues pages to find out more. Also take a look at this short video on the 5 ways to wellbeing.


The Healthy Child Team

The Healthy Child team work with children, young people and families to empower and enable them to make informed decisions about health, and to support them in transitioning safely and happily into adult life. The service is available to all children and young people aged 5-19 in school, college, specialist provision or home educated.

The healthy child team provides the following health and wellbeing support:

  • Adjusting to life circumstances, with mild or temporary difficulties, where the best intervention is in the community. This includes promoting self-support and building resilience using a whole family approach.
  • Short term input around low self esteem, emerging anxiety and low mood using evidence based interventions on a 1-2-1 basis
  • Assessments around emotional distress including self harm behaviours to establish the level of severity. Self harm assessed as low risk will be supported and higher levels of severity will be signposted to more appropriate services.

More information on the service and how to refer can be found on the Growing Healthy North Yorkshire- Healthy Child Team website, or phone 01609 780780.


BUZZ US is a confidential text messaging service available to young people aged 11-18 across North Yorkshire.

By texting the service on 07520 631168 you will be able to receive confidential advice, support and signposting from a wellbeing worker within one working day via text.

Compass Phoenix

Compass Phoenix is a free, confidential health and wellbeing service for children and young people between the ages of 5-19. It offers high-quality interventions to children and young people who need support with emotional wellbeing and mental health difficulties, providing evidence-based psychosocial interventions on a one-to-one or group work basis.

You can speak to someone from Compass Phoenix by ringing them on 01904 661916 or on their Freephone number 0800 008 7452.


Kooth is a free online counselling, advice and support service available for children and young people in North Yorkshire aged 11-18.

Wellbeing in Mind - Mental Health School Support Teams, North Yorkshire

Wellbeing in Mind are a team of NHS staff, working in schools to offer support to students experiencing common emotional wellbeing difficulties.

They provide care and interventions for young people including support for difficulties including: low mood, anxiety and low self esteem. They also provide advice and training on mental wellbeing issues to school and college staff, helping them to support you. They also work closely with other services so that those with more complex problems can get the right help, from the right people, more quickly.

If you are concerned about your emotional or mental wellbeing please speak to a member of school or college staff as soon as possible. They will be able to help you get the right support and can refer you to our team if this is needed. You can find out more information on the Tees, Esk and Wear Valley NHS Foundation Trust website

School and College Form Tutor

Your form tutor should be able to help direct you to the right support available within school or college. This might include local wellbeing activities that are available or information on how the school is applying the PHSE curriculum.


You could also ask your Form Tutor how the school is implementing the Ladder of Intervention and Social and Emotional Mental Health (SEMH) Guidance.

School and College Pastoral Leads and SENCO

Most schools and colleges will have an identified pastoral lead and SENCO. They will be able to provide help and support to students as well as providing information advice and guidance.

If you are not sure who your pastoral lead or SENCO is, ask your Form Tutor who should be able to help.

School and college counsellors

Some schools and colleges employ a counsellor to provide support in school or college. To find out if there is a school counsellor at your school, speak to your Form Tutor  or Headteacher.

Other school support services

If you are experiencing social and emotional difficulties in school you may also be able to access support in a number of other ways. The local authority has an Inclusion service which has a range of professional available to support children and young people in school, further information can be found on the North Yorkshire County Council website.




The Go-To is not responsible for content on websites or apps mentioned on the site. Always read the app’s Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy to see how your data may be used.

Safety Exit